You ability to plot a neat graph in Waec , Neco , Nabteb, Ijmb , And Jupeb Examination will determine the grade you will get in such exam , so today I will be giving you a Simplified Guide On How To Plot A Neat Graph In Waec, Neco, Nabteb Ijmb And Jupeb Examination so make sure you read this article to the end for complete information.
As we all know plotting of Graph is Examination is usually on most Science subjects and few art and commercial subjects well but here in this article I will give a guide that will cover both departments so worry not because at the end of this article the method of plotting you graph will improve for better.
Fact To Consider Before plotting your graph
Incase you don’t know there are certain things you need to put into consideration before you start plotting you graph either in Chemistry, physics, mathematics, accounting economics etc , so as a student I huge you to carefully read the factors before and always consider it before plotting a graph.
- First , take note of the value or reading that you will use to plot this graph.
- Make sure you have a scale tgat you will use for the graph plotting, in some case you might be given but if otherwise kindly take a suitable scale.
- Make sure all the instruments you need is readily available before you start.
Now tgat you have seen this factors to consider, please make sure you have them available before you start plotting your graph because they are very important.
Simplified Guide On How To Plot A Neat Graph
Another important thing that attracts more mark when it come to graph drawing , is how neat and clear you graph is , candidates are advised to try as much as possible to make sure that their graph is neat and clear for the examiner to easily understand and evaluate. During marking of scripts examiners find it very difficult to mark rough graph and because if this they don’t award a good mark to such graph so below are guide which you will follow so as to successfully plot a neat graph in any Examination.
The guides includes :
- Before you start plotting your graph make sure you write the title of the graph , the scale you are using as well and the name of the X and Y axis , because this will tell the examiner the details used.
- Secondly , make sure you have well sharpened pencil with pointed tip, please avoid making use of blunt pencil because it will make you lines too bold and rough, but when you use a pointed tip pencil your lines will be sharp and neat.
- Kindly take you reading in your graph using the scale you were given or the one you choose to use as you have stated in the graph information.
- When marking a particular intersection during plotting make use of point or asterisk, you can check the two images below for sample.
- When taking the intersection of X against Y please make sure you are very careful to avoid mistaken a reading with another one because this will affect you graph curve or line.
- After taking the intersection point please do not join the line or curve with free hand make sure you use the instruments you have to join the points together depending on the curve, we have different type of graph e.g straight line graph , U – circle etc , you can also check them out below.
Please If you make any mistake when joining the points please kindly use your erazer and clean carefully and make sure its neat after erasing.
- You can now start answering the questions attached to the graph , take note when taking your slope you can draw it from any point in the graph provided you know how to solve for slope (Y2-Y1/X2-X1).
Want To Write Exam ? Here Are Simplified Guide On How To Plot A Neat Graph In Waec, Neco, Nabteb Ijmb And Jupeb Examination.
Things To Avoid When Plotting A Graph
When plotting a graph we still have some number of things you need to avoid , kindly check them out below.
- Do not use a blunt pencil for drawing if graph.
- Do not copy graph from fellow students, kindly do it your self .
- Do not use ordinary hand to join graph curve or lines.
I’m sure this article with title “Want To Write Exam ? Here Are Simplified Guide On How To Plot A Neat Graph In Waec, Neco, Nabteb Ijmb And Jupeb Examination.” Have given you complete details of what you are searching for, if yes kindly appreciate us by sharing it to your friends, and please don’t forget to use the comment box to air your view about the post.