Titration Practical as we all know is one of the Top Practical when it’s come to science so as a science student having the knowledge of how to carry out this Practical on time will be of great benefit to you so in this article I will be writing in Simplified Steps And Guide On How To Carry Out Titration Practical And How To Answer Titration Questions In Waec , Neco , Ijmb , Jupeb And Nabteb Examination. So if you are one of those science students searching for guide on how to carry out this Practical online this article is here to do you good because I will be giving you the complete details of the steps to take , some precautions to take , how to draw and arrange your titration table of value and finally how to solve Titration Practical Calculations, you can also use the vedio guide for clear guide too. So make sure you read this post to the end.
List of Apparatus Needed to carry out Chemistry Titration
Here I will be listing out the apparatus needed for Chemistry Titration Practical so they includes :
- Conical flask
- Rectol/clamp stand
- Litmus paper etc
So you should make sure all this apparatus are available on your table. Take note the reagent will be given to you in the laboratory.
Simplified Steps And Guide On How To Carry Out Titration Practical.
Once all the apparatus stated above are ready kindly follow the steps below to successfully carry out you Chemistry Titration Practical In the laboratory.
- Set your table then draw your TitrationPractical table of Value before start then fix in the Burrete to the rectol stand and fill it with acid then allow it to flow down with the aid of the clip , Why this ? This is to remove the air bubbles in the Burrete to avoid errors during Titration.
- Refill the Burrete with acid again.
- Use your Peppete and Peppete the base to 25cm³ then put it on another empty Beaker.
- Put 2 drop of your indicator to the base you just Peppeted.
- You can now put the Beaker which you have Solutions of base and indicator under the tip of the Burrete and start Titration (Releasing the acid into the base)
- At this time all you need is to observe the the solution in the Beaker until its changes color then u stop beca6that is the endpoint.
- Kindly take the reading of the endpoint from the Burrete and record it on your table.
- Take note your first Titration is usually recorded on the rough column so you need to repeat the procedure to the number of Titration you want.
Kindly check out examples of how Titration Practical table looks like below.
YOU CAN ALAO READ : What Are The Best Chemistry Textbook For Senior Secondary Students In Nigeria?
How To Answer Titration Questions In Waec , Neco , Ijmb , Jupeb And Nabteb Examination.
After carry out your titration Practical the next thing to face is the Calculations expert of it. so the next thing to do is to try and balance the Chemical equation state out the formula for Calculations of the concentration of either the acid or the base so after that you need to state out the values that you now have before you substitute to the formula l.
Kindly watch the vedio below for more guide on how to solve Titration Practical Calculations
Chemistry Titration Practical Precautions
Just like every other practicals Titration Practical In Chemistry also have some safety precautions which you should take when carrying out Titration Practical In the laboratory such precautions includes:
- Make sure you put on your laboratory wear and glove before carrying out any practical.
- After the Titration Practical make sure all the apparatus are washed and the reminant of the reagent used should be pour away and washed.
- Make sure the tip of the Burrete is at the center of the Beaker so that the acid can be entering directly to the base to avoid errors in obtaining the end point.
- All the apparatus especially the glass once should be handled with care to avoid breaking.
- Make sure you allow the acid to first flow through the Burrete before refilling it again.
From the point listed above you can now see the safety precautions you need to take when carrying out Chemistry Titration Practical In the laboratory.
I’m sure this article have given you the complete guide on how to carry out Chemistry Titration Practical And also how to answer Calculations questions associated with Titration Practical. Thanks for reading and Goodluck in your exams. You can also read Simplified Steps And Guide On How To Write 2022 Jamb And Score 290+.